Still with the subject of ‘What is in my parent’s loft’, I have a News Book to show today. I have to say first that, as an ex-teacher (HURRAY!), I am convinced that there is very little merit in News Books as a regular activity. However here are the ways in which they are useful:
- They are brilliant wasters of time if you arrive on a Monday morning and have done little in the way of preparation.
- Once in a while, perhaps when studying Samuel Pepys, they are a valid educational activity.
- If you want to know what the parents get up to at the weekend then you can glean much information from the News Books page.
So here are three pages from my October 1970 News Book:
For the record:
- The Hawtree’s were our neighbours.
- Keith was my age and he made me nervous.
- I don’t remember them having a dog!
- Keith’s mother knocked me off my red and silver raleigh bike in her drive way on a different occasion.
- It was years later I heard rumours of drink being involved.
- I really scraped my elbow badly on her wretched drive.
Either we weren’t given much time to write these News Books or my contempt for them was showing at the tender age of 9!
I don’t think I need to say any more!
See Ya xx